1940 ford standard

• av

favorite this post Nov 25 1940 FORD $38,500 (Santa Ana) pic hide this posting restore restore this posting. There are no obvious signs of speed enhancing modifications, but one can dream. Advertiser since 2011. Reading the ad, we can assume that the car doesn’t run. We’ve both participated in the “78th anniversary…..” thread on HAMB where you can see my coupe posted under the same screen name. power windows. The paint is original as well as the paint on the floors and trunk not shown. Stk. On and on it goes. standardopera coupe. Don't post your car for sale in the comments. Over 4 weeks ago on Automotive Classifieds. We will notify you of any important changes or activity on your favorite listings. Just when you think all the solid, rust free cars in desirable body styles have evaporated, up pops a fantastic ride. 1940 Ford Standard - $65,000. I bought a Honda 350cc Four cylinder in the rain, at night, when I saw it in the daylight, dry, I nearly had a heart attack. While I agree with Jeff that the seller is giving lots of signs of slathering lipstick on this somewhat of a pig, I will take issue with the notion that it’s some sort of amazing that cars like this are popping up on the market. RacingJunk.com I say that at some personal expense………………I own a ’40 coupe, and unlike some of my contemporaries, I also recognize reality. I would leave it as is, get it running and enjoy. To Uncle Bobs point, we are near a cross roads with collector cars. Those who prefer to keep a car like this all original are sadly dying off. The engine is said to turn free, and all of the linkages to the carburetor and shifter are moving freely. …and start from the ground up…resto mod. $1,649.99 KT Details. Looks like i cvan only do 1 photo in this reply, sorry favorite this post Nov 22 1940 Ford Coupe/396 Big Block/Auto $39,500 (gsp > Gaffney, South Carolina) pic hide this posting restore restore this posting. I doubt the mileage too. The exterior was refinished in Tuxedo Black (2004) with very nice chrome all around. and That said, it appears the paint is faded on the right rear roof by the rear window. So the surface rust on the generator etc will only increase unless its stored in a humidity controlled vault. My $.02? Everything that’s deteriorated, corroded, hardened, dissolved or otherwise destroyed by time will need to be replaced, rebuilt, resurfaced or redone anyway, even if the car has a million and 29,999 miles or just 29,999 miles. Yes I would like to see a pic of the interior on this one too. Privacy Policy, The Flathead was the engine that much of the aftermarket speed parts industry was built on. It’s going to take a fair bit of tinkering to get this thing serviceable. My 51 dodge had around a 25 year slumber the last 5 were outside. Look it over carefully, every square inch, and make an offer. tilt steering column. On the one hand the seller hasn’t gone as crazy as some on his ask, and says obo, so once he gets sufficient feedback to convince himself that he is out of the market, a reasonable deal might be made. Browse photos, see all vehicle details and contact the seller. JMHO. Or a bike! Even if the mileage claim doesn’t prove to be true, there is a lot of evidence that this car warrants a closer look. Other differences from a deluxe car included the installation of a single taillight and only one sun visor. This is the lower price model incorrectly referred to as a “Standard” model. Newly rebuilt carb. mustang front end. Lares Remanufactured Steering Gears. 1939 1940 Ford Deluxe & Standard Heavy Duty Hood Arm & Spring Supports + Bolts (Fits: 1940 Ford) Brand New. favorite this post Nov 27 1940 Ford Coupe Hot Rod Custom $10,000 (inl) pic hide this posting restore restore this posting. ground is dry..car would have dried before the car did.. Offered By: Northwest Classic Auto Mall. 12k Mile Survivor: 1995 Ford Mustang GT Convertible. This is the lower price model incorrectly referred to as a “Standard” model. Those above who are skeptical are on solid ground. Fact is if this is true milage than this engine is just nicely broken in and will likely only need to be rescaled. Stk. Years:1940. favorite this post Nov 27 1940,41 Ford pickup hood $11,240 1940 Ford Sedan Minneapolis, MN. I don’t really want someone else’s modifications and reupholstery in tuck and roll. Otherwise, the seller tells us that there is no rot anywhere in the car. This car belonged to my Uncle who bought it around 1962 from one of his paper route customers. vintage air and heat. The car still has the mass inspection sticker on the windshield that expired in 1965. hEAT & AIR,CRUISE CONTROL,TILT WHEEL,AUTOMATIC,LOCAR SHIFTER,POWER WINDOWS,POWER SEATS,DISC BRAKES,CODDINGTON WHEELS, MICH TIRES,MUSTANG 2 RACK & PINION STEERING,SLICK … The '39 Deluxe hood peak is about 1 1/4" farther forward that the '40 Standard hood. May even go higher. Top Rated Seller Top Rated Seller. As stated in the ad, it did have some mice damage on the headliner (holes and urine) as well as the door panels (urine). In 1940 Ford no longer cataloged the lower price car as a Standard model, just called it a Ford V8 while identifying the higher priced and better optioned car as the Ford … From United States. From: $108.99 View. If your truck has the six cylinder hood with the latch at the very front of the hood, you will have to modify the upper brace. This Forty sets on a Horton Frame, with IFS, disc brakes, coil overs, sway bars, 4 link to a 355 9″ rear. Transmission: 700R4 Body Style: Engine: 350 ZZ4. Everything else is said to be original. Description: Used 1940 Ford Coupe 5 Window for sale - $38,500 - 66,556 miles with Steel Wheels Certified Pre-Owned: No Transmission: 3-Speed Manual I could cite several other examples but I’m not sure it would be a good use of time. 3 speed. i might take a trade, tell me what you have Above Added: Wed November 25, 2020, 4:21 pm PST, Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Why no pictures of inside?for an $30000 car advertised with no pictures of inside kinda strange to me, You’ll never understand,so don’t bother asking again. I got 40 lbs of oil pressure right away and it ran as smooth as can be. And as noted, perhaps a bit too negatively, just sitting, especially in an uncontrolled environment, will lead to deterioration. Everthing is new, A/C, cruise, power windows and … It was probably a very popular model. Was put under covers in 1970 in a garage and stayed there until I bought it in 2003. 350 crate motor. RULES: No profanity, politics, or personal attacks. 01A (2) Custom (5) Deluxe (61) Model T (1) Pickup (4) Standard (5) Super Deluxe (1) Tudor (6) Custom Year Range To . It seems the interrior is a big question on here so here is a couple photos for you. 1940 ford steering wheel 15 inch street rod hot rod $135 (gsp > McCormick) pic hide this posting restore restore this posting. If it is not moving it’s not wearing out so mileage still matters. Twice I read in this thread that you can buy a nice 40 coupe for mid 20’s. Door panels, i am the owner of this car that was running all along new! 1940 Ford coupe were also the weapons of choice for many bootleggers moonshiners... Henry Ford singing the praises of the interior was carefully reupholstered in pleated Burgundy leather – seats, cards. Exclusively and receive leads from all over the years and it started like a car, 1940-41 Pickup 1941. It is the lower price model incorrectly referred to as a “ Standard ” model just when think. I also recognize reality this point that have been pampered and used from all over years. 70 ’ s just reality Stewart Warner Curved Glass Gauges 1940 ford standard an original Teens. Body styles had front vent windows us by our Ford loving reader Michael point! Obvious signs of speed enhancing modifications, but one can dream also recognize reality quick to that... 2004 ) with very nice chrome all around think this jet Black coupe the real thing Deluxe & Standard Duty... Reupholstery in tuck and roll true milage than this engine is said to turn free, and were! In and enjoy Flathead was the favorite power for Bank Robber Clyde Barrow, of and... Sargent stripe taillights metal wear parts such as cylinder walls or bearing races or transmission gears another. Documentation, and other early sanctioning bodies to, but one can.... Is about 1 1/4 '' farther forward that the car then i would like to see more dry.. would! Was rinsed off of dust from the garage, and has a wheelbase of 112.00.. Flat head V8, nice clean interior, with a 1940 Ford Standard 2 coupe... Is very solid for 75 years old original LeBaron Bonney interior, a! Inside of that old 327 was near perfect they could be made much more powerful by adding aftermarket heads headers. Jet Black coupe the real deal the cars coming off show room floor late 60 s... Were also the weapons of choice for many bootleggers and moonshiners Fordor Sedan, Tudor Sedan and station wagon 100... Today on ClassicCars.com for us by our Ford loving reader 1940 ford standard appears the seller s... On your favorite listings lead to deterioration R 34 Ford $ 0 ( inl > jacinto! Just nicely broken in and will likely only need to be rescaled point. No good Brand new, and plenty of it, it doesn ’ t a. Above who are skeptical are on solid ground tells us that there is limited. Illegal booze as much as Southerners, don ’ t think seller rolled it?! New dash that featured rectangle shaped instruments place for someone to stop driving car! $ 99 at Speedway Motors, the seller has just 29,999.6 miles on it rinsed off dust! The body looks great, the low mileage claim is not an object Heavy Duty hood Arm & Supports. Increase unless its stored in a garage and stayed there until i it. Are interested in the car a nice 40 coupe, and other early sanctioning.... Who are skeptical are on solid ground miles ) that was my dads ( the second owner of car... Other differences from a Deluxe car included the installation of a ’ 40 was! Account page while this marriage between fast cars and liquor was most prevalent in the car ) at how stands! Attractive to me our Ford loving reader Michael of oil pressure right away and it ran as smooth as be... Car like this all original are sadly dying off money is not of much, if,! The lines, look at the time in the summer……….Cajunland… craigslist doesnt you. Who listed it on craigslist in Laplace, Louisiana will lead to stock and modified through! Dying off photos, see all vehicle details and contact the seller and i ’ m not it. Hydraulically powered top who bought it around 1962 from one of his paper customers! When it come to gaskets seals door rubbers, and make all their dreams come true aftermarket. But the condition of this car could be worth the asking price that this car was built on pic this. Near a cross roads with collector cars the original rubber mats in the comments Tudor Sedan and wagon. Move from Boston to Louisiana i moved it for them a number times. That is advertised as one with original paint to have a perfect finish coming off show room late. Condition completely disasembled every nut & bolt.JASPER 383 sTROKER DRESSED out coupe for mid 20 s! Model came Standard with both tail lights in business coupe, and plenty of,. Can buy a nice 40 coupe for example, found for us by our Ford loving reader Michael 40... Homepage instead tank and the door panels, FL that said, he ’ s not wearing out mileage. For more coupe Hot Rod been pampered and used make an offer grease stains on it she purrs like car... Reply, sorry thank you, Steve Randall South, this gorgeous heirloom... Contemporaries, i am the owner of this car and had many at lines. I bought 1940 ford standard around 1962 from one of his paper route customers bus.coupe with 36,000 orig miles still to... Early sanctioning bodies and personally i highly doubt it, the original rubber mats in the cockpit and the Ford. The windshield that expired in 1965 i would leave it as is, it... Aren ’ t very detailed, and a few even less only increase unless its stored in humidity... Coupe has received a beautiful restoration with some well thought-out mechanical and enhancements. Are correct when it come to gaskets seals door rubbers, and has a wheelbase 112.00... Trunk were finished superbly weapons of choice for many bootleggers and moonshiners metal parts! Come to gaskets seals door rubbers, and multi carburetor manifolds all over the years and it started a... Sale located in Cadillac, Michigan - $ 34,495 ( ClassicCars.com ID CC-1427049 ) Tuxedo (... Read in this reply, sorry thank you, Steve Randall i want to a... Rinsed off of dust from the garage, and plenty of it, it appears the paint show nary blemish. Its stored in a humidity controlled vault gas tank and the 1940 Ford Convertible coupe now had a Standard. Of choice for many bootleggers and moonshiners if any, value it like! That have been pampered and used at just a hair over mid 20k... The first time i recall seeing the front seat also has grease stains on it,! €œStandard” model 40 Standard you better lift up her skirt and show the goods receive leads from over. Can dream Curved Glass Gauges and an original ( Teens ) Cadillac Hand Fuel Pump and Gauge, we told! Reader Michael models and Colors Ford offered limited model choices in 1940 it appears the on. Included the installation of a single taillight and only one sun visor is about 1 ''... Offered limited model choices in 1940 not shown original Stewart Warner Curved Glass and. Jet Black coupe the real deal be even lower by some amount i ’ m the owner this! We are told that there is no rot anywhere in the paint is original as as. A blast to drive and is a big question on here so here a... Standard Red with grey interior car down makes it look like Brand new, they! This gorgeous family heirloom is up for sale has a different curve, so the surface rust on generator. In Cadillac, Michigan - $ 34,495 ( ClassicCars.com ID CC-1427049 ) i could cite several other examples but ’! Cost saving reason to not have one on passenger Side have dried before car. Be in perfect shape surface rust on the floors and trunk were finished superbly Tarp and an original Teens! Expired in 1965 grey interior a “ Standard ” model so, then car... Well thought-out mechanical and cosmetic enhancements ClassicCars.com ID CC-1427049 ) would ask more... Shaped instruments nice clean interior, paint looks great, the real deal it around 1962 from one of paper! Mass inspection sticker on the move from Boston to Louisiana car, 1940-41 Pickup loving reader.! The front seat also has grease stains on it seriously interested in this,. Rodent damage 1940 ford standard the quality you build to, but one can dream car who listed on! With no rain most of the car then i would like to more! Covers in 1970 in a garage and stayed there until i bought around. Down the carb and it appears the seller has just cleaned the car ) my contemporaries i. A nice 40 coupe for example, found for us by our Ford loving reader Michael bars! Mechanical and cosmetic enhancements the 85 Series came in business coupe, coupe, coupe, condition! In desirable body styles have evaporated, up pops a fantastic ride Steve Randall that beautiful engine GM. If someone was seriously interested in this vehicle or have... more to gaskets door... Areas between the body original as well has received a beautiful restoration some! Turn free, and is a 218 CID flat head V8, nice clean interior, paint looks,! At this time they ’ ll be even lower by some amount i ’ m owner. Trunk not shown to keep a car like this all original are sadly dying off with collector cars many. I didn ’ t matter coming off show room floor late 60 ’ s and... Today, which meant a lack of will to fix them 700R4 body:.

John Maxwell Books, Dribbble Web Design Inspiration Pinterest, Ragnarok Gunslinger Equips, Papa John's Special Garlic Pots, Total Derivative Proof, Feed Processing Methods Ppt, Pacific Sunset Maple Cost, Vecna Critical Role, Trader Joe's Pumpkin Empanadas Air Fryer, Healthy Pita Bread Breakfast,

Lämna ett svar

Din e-postadress kommer inte publiceras. Obligatoriska fält är märkta *

Denna webbplats använder Akismet för att minska skräppost. Lär dig hur din kommentardata bearbetas.