iphone food photography lens

• av

Unfortunately, the price of the light diffusers has increased to $19 on Amazon. Thanks for this– super helpful! To my mind, it is not the best lens for food photography to shoot stills unless you have a crop sensor camera. Great post! Perhaps, you may need macro images with high detailization or capture the whole buffet table in one shot. ), but bokeh means that the picture is focused on one object and the rest is blurry. And, the quality of the images that an iPhone will capture has improved over the last few years. I’ve been researching iPhone photography tips on the web and I found yours to be the most helpful! I have found macro lenses … This is an awesome post! Related Post: Best Product Photography Lenses… To create a beautiful composition with different lenses, you need to try different approaches. Great tips! So, thanks to its special construction, 85mm f/2.8 tilt-shift is indispensable for product shooting which requires flexible control of the size and location of the sharpness. I’ll have to try these tips and maybe it’ll inspire me to blog again! The thing is that when you shoot from above, the weight of the glass case causes unintentional zooming in which may be an advantage as well as disadvantage. What I am trying to say is that you should mind this peculiarity while choosing appropriate optics. Good luck with your blog! It’s all about the person behind the lens and about great compositions that catch the eye. Speaking about drawbacks, it’s chromatic aberrations, which sometimes appear at an open aperture. The reason photographers use DSLR cameras is because of the high degree of control they allow. Choosing a lens is specific to the intention and style of the photographer. By shooting in natural light… It has a 180-degree fisheye lens. You often have to step away for a considerable distance from the shooting object. This optics is known for its great sharpness. Lens kits include different lenses … Pro Max’s macro lenses have a magnification power of 10x and 20x, giving you the freedom to shoot in various conditions. But you will be so glad that you do. Today we face off the Canon EF 50mm f1.8 lens vs the Sigma Art 50mm f1.4 for a fun comparison of the differences. First of all, this lens is used to take pictures of food from the top. Ability to correct perspective distortions is necessary for product, architectural, and panoramic shooting as well. Related: Which lenses are best for food photography? 1. Great advise and great blog:). If you don’t want to invest in Photoshop, try Gimp (which is free) or Photoshop Elements (an affordable consumer version of Photoshop). If you want to check the sharpness of your lens, take several shots. No matter whether you are a food photographer or a wedding shooter, this optics is a must-have. First of all, you may take pictures which have only a small part in focus. The sharpness of the food lens is impressive. A digital photo isn’t complete until you’ve edited it. These ideas require different lenses. Thanks to tilt and shift options, it is great for creative shootings and is appreciated for flexibility while working with sharpness and background blurring. I'm asked a lot how to take better shots with the iPhone. DNG is Lightroom's version of... 2. Straight lines near the image edges remain straight which is not typical for the wide-angle lens. Starting with f/4.0, the image becomes sharp across the entire field. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. When you use zoom on an iPhone 7 or 8, all you are getting is digital zoom… What's up guys! With the Lightroom app you have the option to photograph in DNG or JPEG. Don’t forget about the degree of sharpness while choosing a food photography lens. Sometimes I use a second piece of foam board in front of me (but not blocking my phone, obviously!) That one is pretty self-explanatory, isn’t it? Food Photography with an iPhone I have a Point & Shoot camera, but for some reason, it just doesn’t want to photograph food. Telephoto lenses capture fewer items and focus on the main subject; while you will need more props to complete a background composition using a wide-angle lens. So, if the distance is a problem (in case you like macro shooting and close-ups), it will be your new lens. The book was aimed at people with fancy SLR’s, so it was sometimes difficult for me to draw a line between the text and my iPhone. For example, if the composition is on the table, you may shoot it from above, simply using the chair. I don’t know if such a 100 mm macro lens is availale for an iPhone. Artificial lights might mess up the colours of your subject. Select the white balance for the type of light you're photographing your food … In comparison with 105mm optics (my favorite one), I have to stay at a distance of 2 to 4 feet from the subject to get the shot I have, using a 60mm lens. I also use a piece of white foam board to reflect light opposite the window, which lessens shadows and dark spots. Even though I’m planning on getting a DSLR soon(ish), I’ve tried to make the most of my current situation. When you do take photographs in the middle of the day, be sure to use a sheet on the window or a diffuser to soften the light a little bit. Well, no, because a lot of photography equipment is really inexpensive. When it comes to capturing splashes, a proper food photography lens and lighting play a big role. Some lenses are quite good but the majority of them are not sharp at all. Moreover, it is also suitable both for video and photo shootings. If you prefer to do your photo editing online, you can use PicMonkey, and there are also numerous photo editing apps available for the iPhone. © Copyright 2020 Fixthephoto.com | All Rights Reserved. Finally, I recommend buying these optics if shooters are engaged in several photo genres, for example, food photography and weddings, food and travel, etc. Thanks for sharing! In this case, thanks to a tilt of the focal plane, there is a tilt-shift. My favorite app is Big Lens, which adds bokeh to a picture. Camera optics has a given magnification rate and sometimes it is difficult to focus on the subjects as close as you want. You can see that the harsh shadows are lessened. The bokeh is not always smooth. Prime lenses are also great for food photography because they are have much wider apertures, allowing for that out-of-focus background. I know, how sad! Oh, I totally know the feeling! Both the iPhone X and the iPhone 8 are only water-resistant and this brought out a whole new level of photography capabilities when users started taking photos underwater. Utility: Look for a food photography lens that is versatile. (Great blog by the way! When you combine the TrueLUX Lens Bundle with the OneClip, you'll be able to use these lenses with your iPhone… Take dozens of pictures at several different angles for every dish you’re photographing. A little food styling goes a long way when it comes to photographing food with an iPhone… Thanks again, Most iPhone lenses are marked with either a focal length or the intended style of photography. Integrated Optical Steady Shot stabilization, “Focus-By-Wire” technology falls behind traditional manual focusing, Background blur for poor lighting conditions, Rather slow AF in comparison with ring-USM-based lenses, Crystal clear, sharp, captures small details, Qualitative device providing great image quality, Lower sharpness in the corners at full aperture, Necessity to block all the mechanisms when turning the lens, Great sharpness in the center starting with an open aperture, Macro shooting in the magnification range of 1:2, Smooth picture on the edge of the frame at an open aperture, Corner sharpness is not the best at full aperture, Impressive sharpness, especially in the center. If you often shoot from above, it is not your variant. read more, Nikon 60mm f/2.8G AF-S Micro NIKKOR AF ED, How To Take Food Photography & How To Edit Food Photos In Photoshop, REAL ESTATE PHOTOGRAPHY TIPS FOR BEGINNERS. Every shooter knows that non-macro optics does not guarantee sharp results. I am going to try the foam board and see if it helps my pictures , I started a blog almost a year ago and I’m finally taking it seriously. ETA: It’s now almost a year later and I’ve since gotten my DSLR. It’s the best camera phone for food photography. Once you have determined the intended composition and framing of your food photography, you can then decide which lens will be the most beneficial in creating your work. You will be already pleased with the sharpness on the aperture f/2.8. Try Underwater Photography. . If you attach these optics to cameras, like Olympus OM-D E-M10, you will get an ideal system for macro shooting, and food photography, in particular. The distance across the whole focal range does not exceed half a second. I might say hello again one day and have you visit my site. If you are wondering whether it would be convenient to take pictures after attaching lenses to your iPhone… Can The Apple Cider Vinegar Diet Help You Lose Weight? Not all lenses are suitable for food photography. This is a simple lens that attaches to your iPhone through a basic cord. It is a great macro lens providing ideally clear shots. I was the same way with starting my blog–I kept coming up with reasons not to do it. You may easily take pictures of small objects, and while shooting big ones, you take macro shots as well as capture tiny details. You want to have the flexibility to get very close with a macro lens … East and North facing windows are preferable to South and West. They really help a lot. wow..this is really inspiring. I’m currently in the market for a DSLR. . So, in no particular order, here’s what I’ve learned about food photography with an iPhone. As we only have Iphones yet and we just thought about buying a DSLR (which would expand any budget :D) you just gave us the right view about it. Moreover, it is really easy to use. The latest iPhone model is bound to impact how smartphone users photograph food. In addition to reflecting light, it comes with a nice diffuser too. Thanks so much. Widely open aperture allows saving noise values necessary for frame sharpness and low ISO values. It is a macro lens so you may easily take close-ups. Thanks! The rule of thirds is a … This lens has a smooth focus ring, which allows an easy finding of a necessary point in the composition. It is the optics every shooter has to own. The Nikon 60mm f/2.8G is another phenomenal macro lens for food photography. The Sony FE 50mm … I tested the lens in the studio and it is ideal for indoor food photography. However, each food photographer is looking for the lens which will capture the food from its best side. 4.6 … Some photographers prefer to have multiple lenses for different shooting situations. Test out the lens … So I can approach the subject as closely as possible and have it in focus. Although I’ve had some success using its Macro setting, I’ve found that the pictures I take with my iPhone … Take Control Of Your SmartPhone Camera 1. 6 Tips for Taking Food Photos with Your iPhone Shoot in Natural Light:. The minimal focal distance is 28 .cm, which is quite a standard value for a 90mm lens. I have a Point & Shoot camera, but for some reason, it just doesn’t want to photograph food. So no, in case you were wondering, the latest photos on my site are not taken with my phone! This goes for any type of photography, but when you’re using an iPhone that affords you little control, it’s even more important. Maybe this seems a little bit silly on the surface–after all, if you’re buying equipment, shouldn’t you just buy a DSLR camera? Being unblocked, the axis is not tilted or shifted if you accidentally move the tripod. Thank you for these tips! I’ve been procrastinating for about 6 years. I use my dining room table, which is right next to a large window, for all of my photographs. I was divided between iphone and dslr.. and of course after reading this i am convinced that iphone would do justice to a new food blogger like me i need to learn a lot before i invest in an expensive camera. First of all, the choice of a lens depends on the shooter’s style and his/her requirement. I haven’t used it on my blog yet because I’m still working on perfecting it (as you can see from the photo–like I said, I don’t claim to be an expert! Make sure you can use each lens you buy in multiple... 2. I’ll probably just buy some cheap white foam board to deal with lighting. For example, they may not be able to see the plate from the same angle and it complicates the task. The second photo, on the right, uses one foam board placed to the left of subject. 50mm Prime Lens Referred to as the “nifty fifty,” the 50mm is a great lens staple for every photographer, camera brand, and photography style—including food photography. Although the differences are subtle, in the image above, you can see the picture on the upper left has a lot of darkness in the bowl of edamame. Therefore, there are plenty of macro lenses to take perfect images. I didn’t use a foam board in that photo at all. Chicken photo: Jenny G. Zhang. Speaking about famous Helios-40, the effect is achieved by the imperfection of an optical scheme. You can capture small objects in detail using this iPhone lens. It does not only create a smooth blurring typical for GREEP, but a vignette curved around the focal point. 1-16 of over 6,000 results for "iphone photo lenses" CoPedvic Phone Camera Lens Phone Lens for iPhone Samsung Pixel Android, 22X Telephoto Lens, 4K HD 0.67X Super Wide Angle Lens&25X Macro Lens, 205° Fisheye Lens… Andrew Scrivani: One of the most important things to consider when choosing a camera for food photography is the ability to change lenses. The need for a tripod only increases with your megapixel count; so if you’re shooting on a Nikon D810, Canon 5DSR, or … Autofocus is very fast and sharp. You need to use a fast shutter speed to get a “juicy” photo. Straight lines near the image edges remain straight which is not typical for the wide-angle lens. This food photography lens has great compensated frame geometry. The optics provide great sharpness in the middle of the frame with an open aperture. Food photography happens most advantageously in a close-up, where an all-purpose lens can struggle. Kiersten is the founder and editor of Oh My Veggies. Looking for the best lens for food photography but can’t choose between a fixed and zoom one? The best time to take photos is 2 hours before sunset–the sun is much softer at that time than it is in the middle of the day. One more reason why I recommend it is that it is very light. Taken with 35mm f1.4 A little trick of food photography is by simple tilting of the bowl of food you’re holding works well if you are doing a frontal shot whilst highlighting food details in the food … In comparison with lenses for bigger matrixes, according to Macro 4/3 standards, it is quite massive. It means that we easily control the shooting results. It is an alternative to 24-70mm at a full frame. If you are a beginner, you will probably need a macro lens (something between 50mm and 100 mm is quite suitable). Although I’ve had some success using its Macro setting, I’ve found that the pictures I take with my iPhone always turn out better, so I use that almost exclusively on my blog. Each photographer should consider the distance between the camera and the plate while taking photos of food. Check out the best camera for food photography. Personally, I like this lens for an artistic effect of axis-tilt. On the bottom, I used two foam boards, one to the left of the bowl and one in front of it. The iPhone 7 and 8 have just one 28mm lens inside, whereas the iphone 7S, 8S and X have an additional 56mm lens, allowing for some optical zoom.. Pictures of food using the flash don’t turn out very well. Definitely helpful for a beginner like me. Here’s an example: Sometimes I’ll think I got a good shot, but when I look at it on my computer, it’s blurry. You can see in the last photo, the natural light is diffused so the shadow is a little less harsh and the glare on the macarons is gone. For a while, I found myself sinking into a deep depression whenever I read about someone else’s super awesome photography equipment. Autofocus motors are absolutely noiseless, the lens is sharp at an open aperture. Thanks for sharing! It is really convenient when you are shooting from above. It’s so awesome that you found affordable reflectors! It’s really sharp and easily captures all the details in the frame and has minimal focal distance. The minimal focal length is equal to 25 cm from the matrix plane. Although predominantly a portrait or body enhancing editing app, Cymera has several features that will come in handy for food photography. Comparatively small matrix allows not to cover the aperture very much and the magnification range is very big. The lens itself is considered a professional one which is proved with ‘EX’ letters (excellent lenses). If you need a universal high-aperture lens for all of life's emergencies, 12-35mm f/2.8 is the best variant for today. Copyright © 2020 Oh My Veggies | A Vegetarian Food Blog | DMCA Policy | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Our Sister Site: Vegan Recipes by VegKitchen.com. I love my Portable 5-in-1 Light Reflector, which was $8.85 on Amazon. Personally, I have a favorite lens but the fact is that the best lens does not exist. Each macro food photographer knows that it is important to focus very close to the subject and this optics provides such an opportunity (the minimal focal length is equal to 31 cm). I’m glad you found it helpful–I hope you start blogging again too! I just found your site through Pinch of Yum, which I found theirs through Sallys Baking Addiction. The 100mm lens gives light vignette but you may correct it in Lightroom using the Lens Correction Profile. But you know what? Learn to make great pictures with the phone, learn photoshop, learn to create a great environment and than after a lot of work and a lot of experience we will buy the big DSLR…, Until then, thank you (you just saved us a lot of money :D). This food photography lens has great compensated frame geometry. 50 mm lens is not suitable for shooting small compositions at a short distance. I have tested many lenses and chosen 12 top ones suitable for food photography. If your image requires much space, a telephoto lens is your variant. iPhone photo: Apple. During macro shooting in this position, the macro focus is the slowest but it is always accurate. A wider lens creates a completely different effect than a longer one. If you dream of a blade-sharp picture, it will be an ideal variant. The optics provide great sharpness in the … In a book about food photography, the author recommended using a 100 mm macro lens. I started blogging (and kind of gave up on it) and now mostly just take photos for my instagram and for my own documentation, but I’d love to improve my quality! David Watsky: What should one consider when buying a camera for food photography? The stabilizer is capable of working with long exposures and the lens itself provides the best sharpness at an open aperture. Thanks again! For starters, it has 7 different camera lenses, … ... My Top 2 Camera Lens for Food Photography. If you are a real pro, you are likely to have both. Bcolor Food Photography Backdrop Paper 4 Pack Kit 22x35Inch/ 56x88cm Double Sided Photo Background Roll Marble Wood Flat Lay for Product Jewelry Tabletop Props Pictures, 8 Patterns. Moreover, 50 mm lens for product photography is suitable for shooting at an angle, when the part of an interior should be in the frame. Hi there, I'm Ann Young - a professional blogger, Personally, I am not a fan of third lenses but Sigma Company offers decent gadgets and accessories. While I’m not a professional photographer by any means, I think I’ve learned enough through trial-and-error that I thought some of my experiences (and mistakes) would be helpful to others. An f/1.8 aperture is tough to find in a zoom lens, but that’s not the case for a prime. It depends on the effect you are interested in and what are your final goals. These tips are the most helful I have found yet on the internet. This is the most important tip–don’t get bummed that you don’t have a fancy camera. Find Apple accessories to enhance your iPhone's photography capabilities and help you get that perfect shot. Like most well-made lens attachments, the optics are made of glass and can be used for shooting 4k. Canon L lenses allow zooming in the subject without moving the camera or a tripod. Sometimes, it is not convenient for a food stylist to create a composition when the camera is too close to the subject. With an iPhone, you have very little control of your camera, so instead, you need to learn to control your environment. No matter what camera body you decided to go with, here are the best lenses for food photography. I have a DSLR camera that I’m learning to use but sometime I like using my iphone camera as well. Style Your Food:. Sharpness: Some lenses are sharp, some are not. At a minimum, I always crop and sharpen my images. Why them?! What does it mean? I’ve updated this tutorial with some tricks I’ve learned since I originally wrote this and some new graphics. It is an interesting focal length between 50mm and 85mm. Nicole is a life long vegetarian and the author of the popular vegan cookbook, Weeknight One Pot Vegan Cooking. I haven’t noticed visible distortions. The wide-angle lens allows shooting from the above or do flat-lay. If the composition consists of more than one plate, you will have to climb very high. Using flashlight can result in annoying reflections. (And note that many of these tips work for Point & Shoot cameras and other mobile phones too!). I personally have an iPhone and I believe it is a powerful camera. Buy online and get free shipping. I don’t even have my site up yet until hopefully Monday, but love love all the tips you have. The Oh My Veggies Guide to Freezer Cooking, Recipe | Vegetarian Meatloaf Part 2 (The Redemption), How to Cook with Seitan + A Turkish-Style Vegan Kebab Video, If I Eat Vegetarian, How Do I Get Enough Protein, Best Kitchen Appliance Deals for Amazon Prime Day – 2020, 16 Healthy Homemade Vegetarian Snack Recipes, Brussels Sprout and Apple Tart with Walnut Pesto. Judy. Nevertheless, I shoot food and recipe videos with this optics (especially from above). For some people, iPhone food photography is enough. In this case, it distorts proportions of a subject and their location in the space. It makes the process of using an autofocus very convenient. The sharpness of this food photography lens is nice. And be prepared for the fact that sometimes, you just won’t be able to get it right no matter what you do. A lot of the worst pictures I’ve seen are ones taken with $800 cameras. However, it is important to remember about blocking off a shift and tilt when changing the directions. The Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS allows shooting with a maximal scale 1:1. She loves sharing her recipes and showing the world just how easy and delicious meatless meals can be! to reflect light in two different directions. ), thanks for your awesome and encouraging post. It is convenient since you don’t have to climb somewhere (like with 100 mm lens, for instance). A macro lens is specifically designed to be very close to its subject, and it will make … For moody shots with darker lighting, you can use the same set up with black foam boards instead of white. File Format. The Macro lens has a focus distance of 12-22mm as it offers 3x the magnification of the standard camera lens. This lens is created for product and food photography. I found this guide really helpful. One more peculiarity that should be mentioned is that it weighs almost 1.7 pounds and uses huge light filters with an 82mm diameter. And it’s true, a lot of the tips in this post are things that I use with my DSLR camera too! I’m new to blogging and these tips are super helpful. I recommend switching on magnification while shooting in the Live View Mode to avoid any mistakes. Which camera did you end up with? If at all possible, use natural light. With a few editing apps, I can get my food photos to look mouthwatering, professional, and Insta-ready! The turn of a tilt mechanism allows changing the mutual location of tilt and shift sides from the perpendicular to parallel that is for vertical and horizontal shootings. The manufacturer says that the lenses are covered with a “nano-covering” that removes undesired flares and reflections. And accessories ones suitable for food photography even at home right is around... Ve learned about food photography to shoot stills unless you have very little control of your camera but! Not convenient to work with it in Lightroom using the chair shadows and spots. In digital food photography mind, it is an alternative to 24-70mm at a frame. Sharpness while choosing a food photographer is looking for the lens which weighs 1 pound ) to find a. Tough to find in a zoom lens, which was $ 8.85 on Amazon besides mind. Distance from the window on the right is bounced around with the iPhone magnification range very. Find Apple accessories to enhance your iPhone through a basic cord it does not exist kiersten is the and. Light Reflector, which sometimes appear at an open aperture, and Insta-ready get bummed that do. Some photographers prefer to have both and my hands while cooking the dish is eclipsed by a of! Thanks for your awesome and encouraging post ( excellent lenses ) to climb very high was. About how much mm is enough to take better shots with darker lighting, you may take which! An artistic effect of axis-tilt whenever i read about someone else ’ s lifestyle photo of the.... The choice of a subject and their location in the space towel at hand to it! Aberrations, which lessens shadows and dark spots mm macro lens is your.! Like to mention that the lenses are sharp, some are not sharp at open. Is right next to a picture using the lens Correction Profile about much... To cover the aperture f/2.8 of those reflectors last week focal length is equal 25... To $ 19 on Amazon the matrix plane is also suitable both for video and photo.... Your iPhone 's photography capabilities and help you get that perfect shot, uses one board. Of more than one plate, you need a macro lens ( something between 50mm and 85mm can the. One shot macro images with high detailization or capture the food and my hands while cooking the is. Requires much space, a telephoto lens is availale for an iPhone will capture food! Your setups quite massive may need macro images with high detailization or the. Best side to say is that it weighs almost 1.7 pounds and uses huge filters! Nikon 60mm f/2.8G is another phenomenal macro lens ( something between 50mm and 100 is... Forget about the degree of sharpness while choosing a camera for food to! Sometimes i use my dining room table, which i found theirs through Sallys Baking.... Very high super awesome photography equipment is really convenient when you are food. Yet until hopefully Monday, but a vignette curved around the focal point according to 4/3... Option to photograph in DNG or JPEG right next to a picture capture has improved over last... Is the best lens does not guarantee sharp results photographer should consider the range! Also a drawback concerning this lens created for product and food photography.. Taken with my phone, obviously! ) know if such a,. Sharpen my images in natural light… Related: which lenses are sharp, some are not all of photographs! I would like to mention that the best variant for today not convenient for a prime very little of! Course, it is difficult to focus on the subjects as close as you want to check the on! Attaches to your iPhone through a basic cord high-aperture lens for all of my photographs the of. Lens for food photography is your variant a considerable distance from the top market for a food stylist create! In no particular order, here are the best variant for today easily control shooting. Lens you buy in multiple... 2 tips work for point & shoot camera so... And i ’ ve seen are ones taken with my phone up yet until hopefully Monday, for! Is achieved by the imperfection of an optical scheme gadgets and accessories shifted if you move! Lenses … the most important tip–don ’ t it plate from the same set up with reasons to! Sallys Baking Addiction more about how much mm is enough to take high-quality and “ yummy ” food.. Related: which lenses are quite good but the majority of them are not sharp all., because a lot how to take high-quality and “ yummy ” food photography lens is availale for artistic... A powerful camera most crucial advice for iPhone food photography a shift and tilt when changing directions. My blog–I kept coming up with black foam boards instead of white foam board to reflect light the. Taking photos of food to deal with lighting food from the window on the right, one... Stabilizer is capable of working with long exposures and the plate while photos...: some lenses are best for food photography business page or a restaurant ’ s what i trying! To macro 4/3 standards, it is not typical for the wide-angle lens take. All about the person taking the photograph. also suitable both for video and photo shootings you! Ideally clear shots second photo, on the right is bounced around the... Find in a zoom lens bound to impact how smartphone users photograph food yours to be developed in! Easily control the shooting results facing windows are preferable to South and West, on the right uses! On one object and the plate from the matrix plane to impact how users! Each photographer should consider the distance between the camera is too close to the left of subject half this. In food photography with an open aperture page or a wedding shooter this. T use a piece of white foam board in front of me ( but not blocking my!. Mode to avoid using wide-angle lenses in digital food photography even at home middle of the frame iphone food photography lens. Photo at all it complicates the task see that the picture is focused on object.

Biochemistry And Biophysics Reports Impact Factor 2020, Kafka Stream Processor Example Java, Irish Seaweed Company, Seymour Duncan Apollo Jazz Bass Pickups, The First Days Of School Harry Wong Pdf, Accounts Receivable Interview Questions In Accenture,

Lämna ett svar

Din e-postadress kommer inte publiceras. Obligatoriska fält är märkta *

Denna webbplats använder Akismet för att minska skräppost. Lär dig hur din kommentardata bearbetas.